6 Hardboiled Local Yolks eggs
290ml / ½ pint mayonnaise (see recipe below)
For the garnish:
Strips of cucumber skin or chopped parsley
- Thin the mayonnaise slightly by adding a little water – to reluctant dropping consistency.
- Cut the eggs in half lengthwise and arrange, cut side down, on a plate. Carefully coat each egg with mayonnaise.
- Decorate every other egg with a small diamond shape cut from cucumber skin or a neat sprinkling of chopped parsley. Decorate the remaining eggs with paprika pepper.
Hardboiled Local Yolks eggs
- If you are cooking a lot of eggs put them into a saucepan, pour over boiling water and simmer for 12 minutes.
- If you are just boiling one or two eggs put them into a saucepan of cold water, bring the water up to the boil and then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Once the eggs are cooked, drain and put to cool in a bowl of cold water.
2 Local Yolks egg yolks
salt and pepper
5ml/1 teaspoon pale mustard
290ml / ½ pint olive oil
squeeze of lemon juice
15ml / 1 tablespoon wine vinegar
- Put the yolks into a bowl with a pinch of salt and the mustard and beat well with a wooden spoon.
- Add the oil, literally drop by drop, beating all the time. The mixture should be very thick by the time half the oil is added.
- Beat in the lemon juice.
- Resume pouring in the oil, going rather more confidently now, but alternating the dribbles of oil with small quantities of vinegar.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
NOTE: If the mixture curdles, another egg yolk should be beaten in a separate bowl, and the curdled mixture beaten drop by drop into it.
Smoked Salmon and Scrambled eggs
8 Local Yolks eggs
170g/6oz Smoked Salmon
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
60ml/4 tablespoons cream
- Divide the smoked salmon into 4 and arrange on one half of 4 side plates. Grind over a little black pepper.
- Mix together the eggs, cream, salt and pepper. Beat well.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan. Tip in the egg mixture and using a wooden spoon stir constantly until thickened and creamy, but still fairly wet.
- Pile on to the plates and serve immediately.